Friday 3 November 2017

Firework Week

Hello,

This week has been a week full of firework fun!


In Topic we have been historians and have learnt all about Guy Fawkes and Bonfire Night. We enjoyed the story and recorded information we had learnt. Did you know that Guy Fawkes got 36 barrels of gunpowder into the cellars of the Houses of Parliament before getting caught?!


We watched a few firework displays on the white board we we really enjoyed, we then thought about the different sounds, sights and smells and wrote some fantastic sentences. On Monday we will be writing our own firework poems.


In Maths we have been using our tens frames again as well as a part part whole diagram. We are brilliant at using these, and it helps us to see number sentences in different ways.


Today in science we were looking at the material wood. We learnt it is a natural material that is flammable. We also described the properties of wood and what it can be used for.


We all absolutely loved our Dance session this week - we were all rockets in a firework display, we moved to the music and thought about how we can make our bodies move like different types of fireworks.


We have also had a go at yoga this week in the classroom. We listen to a story and join in with different yoga movements, we all love it!


Today we also watched Chestnuts sharing assembly - it was brilliant! We are looking forward to our sharing assembly on the 24th of November.


Well done to Brooke who got the star award this week for always being such a kind friend and well done to Gabriel who has taken our learning owl Plop home for showing some amazing learning owl skills this week, good listening, perseverance and taking responsibility.

Reminders:


Please bring in a cereal box or a shoe box on Monday as we will be making our own houses for the Great Fire of London topic work we will be looking at next week.


Please read the newsletter - there are lots of dates for the diary and reminders.


Next Friday please bring in donations of chocolates or small gifts for the parents presents at the Christmas Bazar.


Thank you,


Have a lovely weekend,


From Oak Class


21 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed learning about Guy Fawkes and Bonfire Night this week.

    Jack x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked learning about fireworks in P.E, Bonfire night and Guy Fawkes and I can't wait until Fireworks night.

    George C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved dancing like fireworks in the hall.
    Love Lulu xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to the fireworks 🎆 this evening. I also learnt lots about Guy Fawkes this week. Ethan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked learning about Guy Fawkes and King James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed learning about Guy Fawkes and watching the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week I enjoyed listening to the story of Guy Fawkes. I loved learning about the things that we learnt this week. Love Florence xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week I have really enjoyed topic because we learnt about fireworks and how they make different colours, sounds and noises. I enjoyed watching the film on fireworks.

    James.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed learning about Guy Fawkes and his men. Cai x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last Saturday I was on the common to watch the fireworks. I really enjoyed.

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lik learning about guy fawkes. Noah xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This week I enjoyed learning about fireworks, especially learning to dance like a firework. - Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. In PE, I liked making different parts of our bodies move like fireworks. I loved watching the firework video and how they make different movements and different sounds. I went to the real fireworks and I liked the fair and winning a new dog (Gigi) at the hook a duck. Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked learning about fireworks this week.
    George Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked learning about Guy Fawkes. I also enjoyed moving different body parts to make fireworks, and i also loved learning the story about Guy Fawkes,and also liked watching the fireworks on the white board,it was really fun, love Jessica 😘😳😳

    ReplyDelete
  16. I emjoyed learning about Guy Fawkes and dancing like a firework. Eadie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I emjoyed learning about Guy Fawkes and dancing like a firework. Eadie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fireworks dance. Love Eliana xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liked the firework dancing and watching the firework displays. My daddy had told me about fireworks on the London Eye when we were in London. My Daddy told me the fireworks are all round the wheel.
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked dancing like fireworks and watching the firework displays. My daddy had told me about fireworks on the London Eye when we met him in London. He said the fireworks are all around the wheel.
    Isabelle X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gabriel has taken to the Firework display, and the Fun fair for some rides. And told us all about Guy Fawkes

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Back...Time!

Hello, We can't quite believe we've only been back at school for four days! We have managed to squeeze a lot of learning in.  In...