Friday 10 November 2017

The Great Fire of London Week!

Good afternoon,

This week we have been learning about the Great Fire of London. 
We learnt that on Sunday 2nd September 1666 a fire started in London. Because the houses were made out of timber and daub - flammable materials - they caught fire. This is now known as The Great Fire of London.
We found out information about the Great Fire in non-fiction books. We also made our own Tudor houses in DT. Our houses all have some lovely beams. 

In English we wrote a caption for a picture from the Great Fire of London, we also recorded information that we had learnt about the Great Fire. Today, in creative writing we all thought about what it would be like in Pudding Lane in 1666. We wrote a diary imagining that we were there.

In Maths this week we started out learning about addition. We recorded number sentences in our Maths books and used different strategies such as; tens frames, part part whole diagrams. We then moved on to subtraction, which we will continue with next week.

On Thursday we were lucky enough to go on a basketball workshop with Game On. We really enjoyed it, learnt some great dribbling skills and we were completely exhausted afterwards!

We have also been doing our usual reading, phonics work, handwriting and yoga sessions. 

Such fantastic learning this week. Star award went to Margarita, who is a very kind member of Oak Class and has also worked so hard this week in Maths. Well done Margarita.

Our learning owl Plop was excited to go home with Florence this weekend. Plop was really impressed with Florence's creative writing as she took responsibility for her learning and wrote the most fantastic diary entry. Florence also congratulated her class mates on a fantastic week on receiving the learning owl!

Reminders:
Friday 17th November - Children in Need - Non-uniform (spots and stripes) also bringing in Jazzy Jars for the Christmas Bazar.

We hope you all have a lovely weekend,

See you next week

Oak Class

11 comments:

  1. I luved bilding pudding lan howse and drummin
    Bi Eadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved making my house and playing on the drums in assembly.
    Bye love Lulu xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked building my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked building Pudding Lane. We had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked building Pudding Lane. We had fun.
    I liked putting fire on the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week, I liked watching Lulu, Jake and Ethan playing the drums. I liked building my house because it was made out of boxes and I liked putting the beams on it. The Great Fire of London started in Pudding Lane in 1666.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I burnt my house in my fireplace. It was fun.

    Isabelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week I enjoyed learning about the great fire of London. love from Florence xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like my cottage house ☺
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked making my house
    Cai

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was afraid my back would break in yoga 😀. Jake

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Back...Time!

Hello, We can't quite believe we've only been back at school for four days! We have managed to squeeze a lot of learning in.  In...